Insuring a Brighter Tomorrow Scholarship Applications
For the ninth year in a row, Farmers Union Insurance Agency, in cooperation with the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation, is offering $25,000 in scholarships to eligible high school seniors in South Dakota through the “Insuring a Brighter Tomorrow” scholarship program.
Twenty-five high school seniors from across the state who plan to continue post-secondary education at a college, university, or technical school in the state of South Dakota will each receive $1,000. The scholarships are funded with support from Farmers Union Insurance agents in South Dakota and the South Dakota Farmers Union Foundation.
The application deadline is April 15, 2016. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on the applicant’s academic records, school and community involvement, and financial need. The applicant will also be required to submit a written essay entitled, “How do you hope to impact a Brighter Tomorrow in South Dakota?”
Applicants Must Meet One of the Following Requirements:
- South Dakota high school senior whose parent or parents are current policyholders of Farmers Union Insurance Agency
- Member of South Dakota Farmers Union
- A “Friend of the Farmers Union Foundation” (Defined as those who have contributed $25 or more to the Foundation in the past year)
- Participant in any South Dakota High School Activities Association (SDHSAA) sanctioned event
1. Complete Application Form
2. Upload Copy of High School Transcript and submit ACT/SAT Score
3. Upload a Letter of Recommendation
4. Submit Written Essay (Less than 500 Words)
5. Upload Billfold Sized Portrait Picture
Eligible applications may fill out the application form and submit electronically, or may download a printable application form here.
If you choose to print the application return materials to:
Farmers Union Insurance Agency
Attn: Cheryl Brotherton
PO Box 1388
Huron, SD 57350
For more information call Farmers Union Insurance: 1-800-933-2841
We want to keep you safe and give you tips and ideas on how to reduce your risks. Farmers Union Insurance Agency will provide you with regular articles and information on how to keep your family safe and secure.